May I use the eVisitor type of visa for a transit purpose?

If you intend to transit through Australia, you should not apply for an eVisitor. 

Transit visa (subclass 771) is the visa needed for transit purposes.
eVisitor type of visa is granted only for tourist and business purposes, which include:
- a holiday or visiting family and friends in Australia;
- making general business or employment inquiries;
- investigating, negotiating, signing or reviewing a business contract;
- activities carried out as a part of an official government-to-government visit;
- participating in conferences, trade fairs or seminars, as long as you are not being paid by the organisers for your participation.
In general, an eVisitor does not allow you to work in Australia.
You might be able to work as a volunteer if:
- your main purpose for visiting Australia is tourism and the voluntary work is incidental to tourism or if
- the work is genuinely voluntary and you are not paid for it, other than for meals, accommodation or out-of-pocket living expenses.

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us